Thursday, October 27, 2005

Job News...

I have a job! I've known for a while now, but didn't want to announce anything since it wasn't formalized and I really didn't want to jinx it. I am the new 'Public Services Librarian' for our local public library. I start in December and I'll be working 2-3 days/week, moving to full time next September. The part-time start will give me a chance to acclimatize to the position slowly and Jake will be able to take care of the baby while I'm working. She's a little too young yet for us to leave her with a sitter.

I'm pretty relieved. I was happy to move here, but I was a bit concerned that I'd end up working solely in web design or records management. I'm so grateful and thrilled that our local library suddenly needed a librarian and I can actually put my degree to wonderful use! Hurrah! Sometimes fate works in really nice ways. :)

PS - My website went online today! I redesigned the library site over the summer and the design has finally been approved and uploaded. To find it just search google with "insert home town name here" public library. Wahoo!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 a.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

Hurray for you, little librarian! I'm so happy your ducks are falling in line, as my Gramma would say. You're a star!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home