Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Belly Dancing

Yeah, you read that right. I had my first ever dance class tonight.

And I have to wear leggings! Leggings! Articles of clothing that should stay in the 80s forever. Leggings are not kind. It has been two years since I gave birth, but I still have a little bit of baby belly. Possibly it would help if I did any kind of exercise...hence the dance class. Anyway, I am a little self-conscious about it. The leggings are pure evil.

Also, you know that woman? That friend of your mom's that's like, in her fifties, and really overweight, and tells slightly off-color jokes? Yeah. She's in my dance class and she dances better than I do. Oh, the humanity!

At least I didn't suck as bad at the end of class as I did at the start of it. So, onward to next week!

*shakes the hips, does a little twirl, bangs her knee, and falls over*

3 Comments:

At 8:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you on the Belly Dancing. Far braver than me! (or is the I?)
Erin

 
At 11:31 p.m., Blogger librarychik said...

Start listening to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" I bet you rock or roll or ... shake? LOL

 
At 7:31 a.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

Hurrah, Ash! Good for you, woman.

My friend Fingers took a belly dancing class, and god love her, she was so terrible they wheeled out this door frame thing and she had to dance inside of it the whole class because her rhythm (or lack there of) kept throwing other people in the class off... When she heard there was going to be a recital, she dropped out.

"Belly Dance Class drop out! *doo be doo* No graduation class... For you!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home