Tuesday, January 01, 2008

YA Novels becoming Films

Did anyone else know that they were making a film of City of Ember? Am I the last person on the trolley here?

Also coming up: The Spiderwick Chronicles - more for kids than YA, but I am still so excited about a Holly Black novel getting big screen treatment. I just hope that they eventually film Valiant. That would be a dream of a movie.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is due next year, Iron Man based on the comic books, The Lovely Bones which is an adult book that has some YA crossover, The Incredible Hulk - why oh why after the first one, and of course, the next Harry Potter movie. Hurrah!

Looks to be a great year for YA movies! If I've missed something cool, do comment! Heaven knows, I don't know all the latest films - there are so many!

Unrelated to books, I am oh-so-excited for the release of Get Smart. I loved that show when I was a little girl. And how perfect is Anne Hathaway for Agent 99?

2 Comments:

At 8:20 a.m., Blogger Violette said...

Hey Ash;

I am also excited for Get Smart and the Spiderwick Chronicles, and I didn't know about the City of Ember, so thanks for the heads up. And I'm sure you know about this one too, but I thought I'd remind you that Inkheart is also coming out this year, with Brendan Fraser. Yay! Oh, and I totally agree. Valiant would be a kick-ass movie.

 
At 12:55 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

I actually realized at work this morning that I forgot Inkheart! The horror!

Especially bad considering I finally picked up Inkspell over the holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home