Friday, November 11, 2005

As Requested...The Details

Q. When did Jake propose?

A. He proposed on November 3, 2005 - it was our anniversary (we had been dating 22 months), but I don't think he knew that and truthfully, I didn't realize it until a couple of days later. We aren't exactly slavish to anniversary dates around here.

Q. Why did he choose that day?

A. Actually, he intended to propose on Halloween but it didn't work out. Halloween is a big day for us and this was the first time in five years that we could have celebrated together, but everything kind of went to hell and he had to work that night. So, in his own words, "[the 3rd] was the first time since Halloween that I was actually able to do it."

Q. Did anyone know he would propose?

A. Actually, he did tell Darius who amazingly kept it a secret for three days...he also told Carrie, his boss, because he had the ring in his coat and really wanted to show it off to somebody.

Q. How did Jake propose?

A. Well, I'd had a really frustrating day and kind of broke down by suppertime. After supper, my parents called and offered to take Darius shopping for snowboots. So, they took Darius and Jake and I started cleaning up the kitchen and doing laundry. Partway through the household chores, Jake pulled me onto the couch to chat and cuddle (I figured it was because I was having a crap day and he was being nice to me...I didn't realize he had an agenda!). He started talking about how disappointed he was that our Halloween plans got cancelled and how he'd really wanted to give thanks (his usual Halloween ritual) for everything good in his life because he had so many things to be thankful for this year...and then he pulled out the ring.

Q. What was my reaction?

A. I'm pretty sure I said yes. If not, I should give back the ring.

Q. When's the big day?

A. We don't know.

Q. Where are you getting married?

A. We don't know.

Q. Where are you honeymooning?

A. We don't know.

Q. Who are your attendants?

A. We don't know.

Q. What do you know?

A. We do know that we are happy to be engaged. We'll keep everybody posted when we actually do know the answers to the wedding questinos. :) (That's questions in Spanish...or maybe it was a typo).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home