Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sidelined

I'm out of commission right now with a back injury. I've been struggling through at work for the last week, but finally gave in. I've been trying to see the doc, but it really is impossible to get in right now. I hopefully will have an appointment tomorrow if it isn't cancelled -- keep fingers crossed for me. It appears to be a repetitive stress injury brought on by consistently trying to lift things that are too heavy for me (like a two year old). I've been avoiding lifting, but what do you do when there's no one else at home and you have to lift the baby into her crib? I guess it's time to purchase a real bed for the Ninjababy.

Anyway, am off work today as I cannot move without pain or stand without getting dizzy and nauseated. Fun!

So, on to something ACTUALLY fun. Don't know about the rest of you, but I cycle through obsessions where I can't get enough of certain things. Here are my January obsessions:

1. Nintendo Wii
2. Star Wars
3. Paris (France, not Hilton)
4. Art History
5. Folklore and Fairy Tales
6. Writing - you'll notice the blog is getting updated more
7. Home Decorating
8. Rabbits

How about the rest of you? What are you gaga for right now?

1 Comments:

At 5:49 p.m., Blogger Violette said...

1. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
2. The Avengers (campy 60s British TV Series)
3. The 18th Century (in general)
4. Viggo Mortensen (Did you see Eastern Promises? Viggo Mortensen. Knife Fight. Naked!)
5. Jigsaw puzzles
6. Weeding (I'm really on a tear in my library right now)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home