Saturday, November 14, 2009

Annoyed or annoying?

Back at the hospital again today. Had 'the flu' last week and was treated with tamiflu, but that apparently did not prevent the illness from morphing into a sinus infection. So, now I am on antibiotics. WTF? Also with the WTF, I did not win the lottery again this week. I thought this was a viable way to pay my household expenses?? Apparently not, Lotto Max, apparently not.

Between illness and pregnancy, I also find that my tolerance levels for other people are practically nonexistent. People are irritating the crap out of me. I am now concerned that if I find everyone around me stupid and irritating that this must mean that I am bitchy and preachy. I think I might be coming across as that stuck-up chick that doesn't have any idea how to have any fun. Actually, I worry that I come across that way a lot of the time. If I am not speaking via computer, I tend to be painfully shy and overthink everything. I consistently think I come across as a bitch, especially around other girls. And pregnancy seems to be making it that much worse. Bleah.

I need a hobby to take my mind off myself. Suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 9:14 a.m., Blogger Violette said...

EEEEE! I didn't know you were preggers again. Congrats.

And I know what you mean. I'm quite sure I tend to come across as stuck-up or bitchy at worst, and at best, just boring when I meet new people. But I've found that the ones that stick around to actually get to know me turn out to be some of the best people in the world, so maybe it's kind of like a screening process?

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

Thanks, Violette. That makes me feel a bit better. :) And thanks for the congrats too - I am just starting my 6th month and I already am the size of a house. Crazy!

 
At 10:35 a.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

You aren't b*tchy. You're sweet. I get the same paranoia sometimes... Like when you see people you went to highschool with you and sort of ignore them, not because you don't want to say hi and engage in one of those fake hugs and "so where are you now?" conversations (well, I don't really, but that's besides the point) but because I'm nervous and I don't know how to start that conversation. So I'd rather look the other way and hope they don't see me... Which I guess in retrospect makes me look like a snob. When really, it's the complete opposite. I still think of myself as the doppy chubbers in the back of the class...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home