Sunday, November 08, 2009

Top 10: Why are They Famous?

I am irritated today. Despite a great week's vacation that included a kicky new Zooey Deschanel-style haircut, an awesome massage, fun shopping, and exploring a fab new city with tons of art museums, I managed to catch the flu. So, I am coming off my vacation high to a state of mundane misery. And the docs at the hospital say I need to stay home from work til Thursday to ensure that baby and I are okay. Bleah.

So, to vent my frustration, here are my top 10 'Why are they famous?' These people irritate the crap out of me.

1. Jon and Kate. And you can add to this spot anyone that exploits their children to gain fame. These people are idiots. Toddlers and Tiaras is evil incarnate. I am seriously considering boycotting TLC for putting this crap on the air. Please stop watching these morons - they do not deserve one second of your attention.

2. Heidi and Spencer. WTF? I don't even know why I know these people's names. I have never seen this Hills show and I never want to. Do these people have any talent at all other than spewing out narcissistic garbage? Doubtful.

3. Lindsay Lohan. Okay, five years ago, she probably was worth paying attention to. Now, she is a train wreck. Stop giving this girl money. She needs about 10 years in rehab and a good slap before she deserves any kind of second chance at being a star. I liked Mean Girls, she has some talent, but she is too far gone on drugs to use it at all at this point.

4. Paris Hilton. I think this speaks for itself. Thankfully, she no longer seems to dominate the news.

5. The Kardashians. I have no idea who these people are or why I see news coverage on them. What do they do? I don't get it at all.

6. Tori Spelling. 90210 is dead. Live with it.

7. Pamela Anderson. Baywatch is also dead. And people are thankful.

8. D-List or lower celebrities who have babies. 'X' from some 90s era show that you don't remember is pregnant! Eeeek! What? Who cares?

9. Chris Brown. I beat my girlfriend to a pulp, but I am really sorry, please keep buying my music! WTF? Stop giving this guy play in the media and send him to prison for a few years. In this same category, I think Roman Polanski could probably stand to go to jail for a bit and think about the consequences of his own actions too.

10. Miley Cyrus. She just annoys the crap out of me. I get that she has sold billions of albums, but seriously? I don't understand why.

There are probably more, but these are the ones that, at the moment, I would be happy to never have to see come up in the media ever again. Did I miss one of your faves? Please add to the list.

I am going to go find soup now. Or possibly egg and toast.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 p.m., Blogger Violette said...

This is why I no longer watch tv. @#$%ing waste of time.

 
At 10:59 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

We don't have cable or satellite, just DVDs, but I still seem to hear enough about these useless idiots via the internet.

Also, Lindsay Lohan gets extra demerits for providing an entry point for the rest of her family to become famous. Why do the media talk to these people??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home