Monday, November 21, 2005

Better than Expected...

I was so nervous yesterday. Today was my first day of work - a professional development day for all staff because the library will eventually be implementing a new computer system (SirsiDynix Horizon). So, we all went to see a demo of this new system. I was freaking out all last night and this morning because it was my first full day away from the baby. Compounding my stress was the fact that baby did not do well on our first night out and basically screamed for four hours at her grandma while we went to NIN. She didn't eat or anything. So, I was totally worried that she'd do the same thing today and starve herself while screaming at Daddy. Also, today was her first immunizations - so a day without Mommy plus needles. Not good. But it actually tunred out okay.

I enjoyed my day out as much as possible - I mean it was basically three hours of power point slides (oh how I miss school and power point slides - um, yeah) followed by a three hour tour. Woohoo. Luckily, my coworkers are really cool. I even met a potential friend! Yay me! One of the library assistants just moved from Victoria and doesn't really know anyone in town yet so I asked if she'd like to go for coffee. Hurrah! I was proactive and got to know someone! We have a few similar interests so it was pretty easy to talk to her. An even bigger bonus - LilyMab actually had a good day while I was gone. She drank from the bottle and slept lots, so I didn't even have to feel too guilty for leaving her today.

Isn't it nice when you actually have a good day and things turn out better than you expected?

And today's fun link: http://www.fborfw.com - I don't know about you guys, but I read this comic every day in the newspaper when I was growing up. It's a nostalgia kick - so I love that I can get it online now. :)

4 Comments:

At 8:47 p.m., Blogger librarychik said...

Congrat's! Glad things are going well with baby. Are more photos in the works?

The three hour tour thing makes me nervous ... what if you got LOST?

Ha ha....

 
At 1:18 p.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

I think your baby might just have the cutest name ever.

On another note, I was strangely addicted to FBORW when I was in high school, too! It was one of those weird-o things I couldn't help but follow, even though some days the cheese was unbearable.

On yet another note, Librarychik, your blinking eye picture gives me the heeby-jeebies. Like I'm being watched... (*shiver*)

 
At 2:58 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

Actually, someone was actually commenting about how "you could get lost in here" on the tour. Frankly, no you couldn't. We were touring the new home of the city archives and they are not even furnished yet...I think I could probably get around a series of empty rooms (and there were less than ten of them) without the aid of a map. Yeesh. She also asked a series of not-so-necessary questions through the tour that prolonged it by an hour (no exaggeration). It led to a series of jokes by our library's staff on the many ways we thought of escaping the tour. The favorite pick: leaping out the top floor picture window in the last room before the tour ended. It was insane!

 
At 8:11 p.m., Blogger Violette said...

Hey Ash,
Glad your day went well. I was also really nervous when I started my job, but after a month and a half, I'm feeling fairly at home. You will too.

Yay For Better or For Worse! Yes, the strip does get cheezy/preachy at times, but I too am addicted. I used to look at my mom's FBorFW books before I could even read what was in the speech balloons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home