Sunday, March 11, 2007

Creative in Theory

I am addicted to craft and hobby type books. It's very sad. I now own three books on learning to knit and crochet with all these kitschy cool patterns. I have owned them for the past six months. I still have no idea how to knit or crochet, though I have made one game attempt at it. I like to blame this on my lack of time, but I still seem to have plenty of time to play scrabble each night with my husband. So, I'm afraid that laziness is probably the actual culprit.

That said, I'm going to try another tactic. My other great craft-y addiction is jewellery making. I have made a few bead necklaces and bracelets that have been well-loved, but I really want to learn how to do it properly. Unfortunately, the book route seems a waste of time for me. I spend most of my time staring at the pictures and daydreaming instead of actually working. So, I'm signing up for some weekend workshops at ACAD. If you live in Cal, expect me to be calling soon begging around for a place to stay. Bob and co. should expect the first call...you know, since they live two blocks from ACAD and all...hint hint.

Here's hoping this all works out! My first two planned courses are glass beadmaking and wire jewellery. Hurrah!

2 Comments:

At 9:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beadmaking...how cool is that!

 
At 9:58 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

Thanks! I will let you know when the courses are, assuming I get off my butt and register soon. Maybe we can have lunch when I come up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home