Friday, January 11, 2008

Rachael Ray is Trying to Kill Us

Was looking for a recipe book at the library today -- recipes that are quick, fun, and easy that I can make quickly after work for me and the family.

Of course, I was bombarded with Rachael Ray and her 30 minute meals.

So, I took a peek, figuring there might be something cool to try.

Holy UNHEALTHY, Batman!

As a sample, may I present the wafflewich. The wafflewich is a sandwich, in which the bread is replaced with eggo waffles.

Eggo waffles are quite possibly the most unhealthy things you can eat (though, the high fibre ones honestly aren't too terribly bad) and I'm supposed to replace my whole grain bread with them? How is using waffles any quicker, faster, or better, than using bread?

The mind boggles...

And news reports every day are freaking about obesity levels. And Rachael Ray is the most popular chef on TV.

Um, really??

2 Comments:

At 7:17 a.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

*ahem*

See HERE for my views on the dreaded Rachel Ray.

 
At 11:05 p.m., Blogger librarychik said...

Ewww, not waffles, especially not homemade waffles! Sacrilege. I much prefer Jamie Oliver... such a little brit hottie too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home