Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brrr....

Autumn is definitely on its way. I actually had to shut the windows in the house today and I am contemplating turning the heater back on. Only 6C overnight tonight - gettin' pretty chilly.

On the other hand, autumn is my favorite season. So, a list of my 10 fave things about autumn to help me forget how cold I am:

1. Canning and Baking. Canned peaches, pumpkin pie, mmm....
2. Leaves turning colour. So pretty.
3. Back to school. Pirateboy can stop whining about how bored he is.
4. Quilts.
5. Dressing warmer: jackets, scarves, and cozy sweaters.
6. Soups, stews, roasts of beef.
7. Flannel jammies...and the window open just a little bit.
8. Pumpkins!!!!! I am obsessed.
9. Apples. Almost as good as pumpkins. Especially crab apples.
10. Curling up with a blanket, a book, and hot chocolate.

Theres probably a million more things, but those are uppermost in my mind right now. Anything you'd like to add?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home