Sunday, March 19, 2006

Jake's Wake

I've been wanting to blog about this, but Jake reads my blog. For the last two months, I have been planning my fiance's wake, "in celebration of his youth’s untimely demise and the beginning of his newly found middle age." It went off last night and it was a smashing success. I can't believe he never picked up on anything. The idea was that LilyMab was born on his 30th birthday, so nobody had much of a chance to do anything for him. Jake has been telling everyone how Lil's big day 'saved him' from any embarrassing birthday attention. So, of course, I had to do something about that.

I invited all of his friends and family to attend his wake. It was a great turnout with twenty-one guests. Everyone wore black or funereal outfits and his Mom and I presented a eulogy on the loss of our beloved fiance/son's youth. It was hysterical. Jake was completely sideswiped by it. Even when he ran into four of the guests (his friends from Calgary) at the same restaurant he went to for dinner, he didn't suspect anything. Of course, his birthday is in early September, so a big bash in March is a bit unexpected.

I will now have to live in fear of his eventual revenge, but it was totally worth it. ;)

2 Comments:

At 10:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have now fully caught up with BOTH blogs - yay, Me! I forget that I finally have them in my bookmarks, so when I come home and go directly to email with the single click of a hotkey button on my keyboard, well... That single no-brain click puts all thoughts of actually trying to FIND things (gasp!) on the internet out of my current thought process. I read my email and go to sleep. I do apologize, Ash, and I will try to be more punctual in the future. :)

"Miss K"

 
At 5:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this work?? can i leave comments??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home