Friday, February 17, 2006

February...cinematography by T. Burton, script by N. Gaiman

Yes, it's winter. Yes, it's bloody freezing. It is -26 degrees Celcius right now and it is after 10am. That's just not right. The landscape looks like the set from Corpse Bride complete with hoarfrost laden trees. I unfortunately have already been outside in it this morning. I think winter is so much prettier when there is a window between you and the biting cold.

The reason for my winter excursion was to take Lil to the hospital. Miss Mab has really been under the weather this week, but I hadn't been able to get her into the doctor. I thought she seemed better yesterday, but then she screamed all last night and was running a temperature. She only stopped screaming when I held her and fed her. Daddy was not a satisfactory substitute. (Needless to say, I haven't slept yet and feel pretty slammed).

So, this morning, I bundled her up and took her in. My doctor was actually on rounds this morning. He was pretty annoyed to hear that the receptionists at his office wouldn't give me an appointment and said he'd say something about it. He's a very nice doctor. The upshot of the visit was that Mab has a bit of a virus. I had been feeding her baby Tylenol and making sure she gets lots of fluids and plenty of rest. According to the doctor, I should do more of the same. Hurrah! My Mommy Radar got it right! For Lily's take on the situation, click here.

Hopefully, this bug won't derail our planned trip to Calgary this weekend. I'm signing off now, Lilith has crashed and I'm going to do the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home