Sunday, April 16, 2006

Open Water
And Other Ways I've Wasted My Life...

I just wasted an hour and a half of my life. There are so many amazing and worthy ways that I could spend my time and I chose to watch one of the most blah movies ever made. Seriously. I mean, an hour and a half watching two people get eaten to death by sharks. That's it. Almost the entire film is focused on two people stranded in the ocean and slowly dying. Imagine if 98% of Titanic was watching Leonardo di Caprio flounder in the water beside Kate Winslet until he died with a little timer in the corner counting down how long he'd been there. I'm sure it's a commentary on the fleetingness of life and enjoying each moment and blah, blah, blah...but I'm not sure they could have found a more boring format for it. I'd rant some more, but then I'd be wasting even more time on this film. It has officially been added to the long list of movies I wonder why I've watched.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have seen that movie, but we went to the theatre! John despised it, I actually got something out of it. I can totally see how people could hate this movie as it is long and boring and uneventful, and let's face it, the acting isn't that great. But what I got out of it was the fear and helplessness that the 2 people faced. I felt what they felt and it just made me aware of a whole new range of emotions. Having said that, will not be adding it to my dvd collection and did not see it a second time. It sort of reminded me of The Blair Witch Project, granted different story lines and BWP was a little more engaging, but all in all, interesting idea, made for cheap, and explores the most extreme edge of fear.

I saw Ice Age 2 this weekend, much better. I recommend that one. There is open water and predators in the water, but the sloth makes it worth while!

Yak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home