Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ash's Favorite Things #1

Yup, I got married. Hurrah! For those of you that did not attend, it was absolutely fabulous. Thammuz and I are still celebrating. :)

In the spirit of the upcoming holidays - I love winter solstice and the celebrations that surround it - and in the spirit of being happily married, I've got a two-layered post about joy.

First, I have dealt with a lot of stress recently, but it all gets pushed to the backburner when I really think about how lucky I am to have my life. My life is incredible. Here are some of my favorite blessings right now:

  • my wonderful husband (I'm Married!)
  • my wonderful kids (Beyond Cute)
  • my home - it's a bit messy, but it's mine - no renting, baby!
  • my job - I graduated with my master's in 2005 and I am already a head librarian for a rocking public library - how lucky am I?
  • my fabulous family - my parents are incredibly supportive and I even like my in-laws!
  • our friend group - always there whenever we need them, they all came out in foggy crap weather for our wedding. You guys are awesome!

If it's not obvious, I'm kind of bubbling over happy right now.

The second part of the joy post is to do with favorite things. If anybody watches Oprah - and come on, you've all seen her at least once - you might know that she creates a favorites list every year. This list usually creates a buying frenzy among her many fans. I have no delusions of grandeur here and do not expect the same. However, I have come across enough cool stuff recently, that I thought it might make a fun seasonal "greed post." So, item #1:

Viva Glam VI Lipstick by MAC Cosmetics

I bought some at the MAC counter in The Bay after seeing it on Dita Von Teese. If you want to know who Dita Von Teese is, she is a Burlesque star married to Marilyn Manson. Her website is filled with pin-up poses and should not be viewed while you are at work. That said, feel free to click here to visit said site.

Excluding husband, this might be the single best thing I have put on my lips. The colour is amazing and long lasting and it does not have that icky lipstick taste. It is awesome. The best part? All proceeds go to support finding a cure for AIDS. So, you get to feel good about splurging on yourself. And, if you are not fond of the Viva Glam VI colour, there are colours I through V to choose from as well. Viva Glam rocks!

Stay Tuned for Favorite #2!

2 Comments:

At 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well one of my favorite things cannot be purchased in a store. It is my healthy, non-dysfunctional, non-toxic friends, and friends of friends. Occassionally I encounter a very unhealthy, toxic person who stresses me out a lot. They like to drag you into the drama and chaos that is their life and bully you around a bit because they feel so helpless in their own lives. They like to show off and remind you constantly how smart and good looking they are.

So I am here professing my deep and eternal appreciation and love of my "good" friends and their friends that I have had the privilege of meeting. Stay healthy people! Say no to dysfunction!

Until next time, may all your dances be spanky!

P.S. The above description is not a subtle stab at anyone who may read this blog, it is about people that are on the other side of my life.

P.S.S. Ash your wedding was fantastic! I had so much fun, I was sad to see it end, I could have partied more. We'll have to chat in more detail some time. I will email you a copy of my speech. I have never seen a wedding that was more reflective of the couple than yours. The amount of work and detail you put in was amazing.

 
At 7:39 p.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

Awwww....I'm getting misty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home