Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Yes, Conferences are Work!

Hi All,

Have not blogged all week except for post on Daemon because, well, it was quick and easy, and it is a funky cool book thing...so I had to do it.

Spent four days at Jasper conference. It was a ton of fun, I learned a lot, but it left me feeling pretty drained. I was good and went to bed fairly early like a good girl rather than partying, but still tired. If you do party, this is a good conference to go to, though. There was free booze everywhere: the opening banquet, the various library-hosted partays, and even the freaking bus ride. Seriously, they served beer and wine on the bus...and then kept coming back and asking if you wanted more. If I was a big drinker, this could have turned into a bender. I did take advantage of the free doritos, though. Who could turn down free doritos?

The one crazy thing...I ran into all these people that I know. This should not be surprising since there were quite a few of my colleagues and former classmates in attendance. However, there were also people who I knew from totally outside of library-land and was a bit shocked to find at conference:

  • Banna. If you don't know Banna, she is SoraJen's sister. If you don't know SoraJen, then I can't help you because I like to maintain secret identities on my blog. Suffice to day, I practically lived at their house when I was in high school. Apparently, Banna is now on a library board and got to scam a free Jasper trip. Way to go, Banna!
  • Girl I went to Kindergarten with...isn't that odd? Knew she was a librarian, though, so shouldn't have been too shocked.
  • Girl I went to undergrad school with...took Anthro together and now she works in a library.


Anyway, totally weird. Also had a ton of people introduce themselves to me because I was carrying a purse that said "Evil Needs Candy Too" with a Roman Dirge illustration. Apparently, it was memorable enough to catch people's attention.

Oh, and for future reference, Nicolas Basbanes is glorious. Glorious! To quote Lainey: love, love, love. Read his books: he rocks.

Will post pictures when I feel like digging the camera cable out of the desk. Right now it's too irritating to consider it.

Love to you all.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 a.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

Bhahaha...

Love love love that you quoted Lainey.

p.s. Your surprise is a-comin!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home