Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's Snowing!!

It's true...I am a freak...I like snow. The first snowfall is my favorite weather of the year, especially when it takes until the end of November to arrive! It's so magical and beautiful. The whole world gets covered in white. I took LilyMab out today (in full-on snowsuit, naturally) to celebrate it. Her response was basically: what is this and why am I so cold? She blinked a lot when the snowflakes caught in her eyelashes. I may not enjoy the weather so much in three weeks when I have been slogging through dirty brownish freezing cold ankle-deep slush for the millionth time, but for now, let it snow! Hopefully, it will get deep enough out there for me to teach Darius about snow-angels this weekend.

Reader poll: what's your favorite weather experience?

5 Comments:

At 9:43 a.m., Blogger Violette said...

I admit, I do like snow, especially snowstorms with an abundance of huge white fluffy flakes that fall to the ground ever so softly. And I love the sound of silence when it is snowing. Doesn't it seem as if the whole world is on mute, or muffled somehow?

But honestly, my favourite weather event has to be a thunder and lightning storm. A good one of those gives me a thrill of delight and a chill of fright at the same time. When I was younger, my family used to sit in our living room with all the lights off and watch the storm through our big picture windows.

 
At 2:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like snow too, but it is very stressful to drive around in it. I agree with Violette that the whole world seems muffled by big fluffy snow. I like that feeling. My favorite weather is in the fall when you can smell the leaves (three cheers for decomposing plant matter!) and the weather is still warm enough that you don't have to wear a full coat, but cool enough that you can wear your favorite long sleeve shirt and a vest and feel grateful when you get into your house or car. In winter, there's nothing like a snow day though! Ash remember in university when we had the big snow storm and it paralyzed the city and classes were cancelled? We made pancakes and jumped on our beds and then reluctantly did our homework.

 
At 4:56 p.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

Does a Cuba count as a season? I choose Cuba.

 
At 8:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Cuba for my honeymoon (April 2005). It was great, warm, humid, relaxing. I don't understand the whole "no toilet seat" thing though. Any info would be appreciated....

 
At 11:16 a.m., Blogger librarychik said...

Well, like the others, I think there is nothing quite as breathtaking as fresh, fluffy white snow, with the sun making diamonds in the snow.

But recently my favourite weather experience is having a snowball fight at 16,000 feet on Mt. Kilimanjaro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home