Friday, March 23, 2007

Our computer works - hurrah!!

I'm off sick today. To be honest, I've been sick for the last three days and I've been dragging my sorry behind into work anyway. Between employee reviews and board meetings, there really wasn't a good day to skip out. Yesterday, I worked a 10.5 hour day and apparently that was enough to crater me. I just had a testy stomach before. I woke up today with a racking chest cough and dizzy spells too. After a particularly good couging fit this morning, I ended up sprawled on the bathroom floor. Thammuz just looked down at me, sighed, and said, "don't even think about going into work today." Yes, honey, I was really considering working after that. Well, okay, I was a little, but it probably wasn't a good idea.

So after waking up for the second time, I am now playing with the new computer between coughing fits. NEW COMPUTER! Okay, it's still the old computer, but it's so much better now. We took it in for upgrades earlier this week and it's so pretty now. We got Windows XP to replace the very sad Windows 98 that I have been running forever. We also got a bucket full of RAM to go with it. And things work now! I can watch youtube properly! I can see things that require flash and java! I can play games! The power!!!! Best of all, I can finally download itunes. My rocking brother got us an ipod for our wedding and I have been waiting to try it out. I am very very excited. You have no idea.

In fact, all this excitement is wearing me out. I think I need to go back to bed and rest some more. I'll be back later. There will probably be lots more blogging now that my computer no longer makes me sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home