Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kids are Cool, Cows are Not

So, our son, who I am currently dubbing Pirateboy, was in a good mood this morning despite being sick. Oh yeah, the whole house is sick at this point. Thammuz is getting over his illness from last week, Ninjababy is still down and out (and downright cranky), Pirateboy has a slight fever and a horrible racking cough that kept him up all night, and I am suffering through the annual lilac attack. Our entire street is lined with May Day trees...the stench is unbearable and I am downing allergy pills like candy to function. Blah. Actually, though, you couldn't smell the trees this morning as the smell of the glorious nearby cattle feedlots was overwhelming them. Gotta love it when the wind blows from that direction.

But Pirateboy still had his good mood. He leapt out of the house this morning with a bound and yelled, "Aaaahhh...smell that fresh air!" Then, the feedlot smell hit him: "Um, actually, it kind of smells like EWWW."

Awesome. The kid's brilliant. Brightened my whole day.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really unfortunate, isn't it, that you can't bottle air. Up here in the middle of Saskatchewan there are no fruity trees and no feedlots. Ash, if I thought it would help, I'd bottle a truckload of fresh, rain-washed, pine tree scent to tickle your nose. Alas for allergens!

 
At 9:43 a.m., Blogger LilyMab said...

I wonder if I'm allergic to pine tree scent? Thankfully, MayDays don't last long...the blossoms are already starting to die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home