Monday, May 14, 2007

Ninjababy is Sick

Took Ninjababy into the hospital tonight. She's had a slight temperature off and on for the past few days along with a bit of a cough. Today, that morphed into a higher fever, runny nose, chest cough, and vomiting. Poor thing. She was so exhausted, she would fall asleep between bouts of vomiting. The nurse actually brought us a garbage can, thinking somehow that I could convince an eighteen-month old to bend forward and use it. Right. I finally asked her if she could get me a petri dish or similar that I could actually hold under her mouth. Have trouble believing a nurse wouldn't have thought of that herself...I mean, a garbage can? Isn't that what a panicked elementary school teacher grabs?

Anyway...enough with the graphic details. Ninjababy appears to have a chest infection that has spread to her ears. We are to alternate motrin and tylenol and give her antibiotics every eight hours. Then she has to go back to see the doc again on Wednesday.

Feeling a bit stressed since this work week is not really designed to accomodate potential illness...Thammuz and I are both juggling right now to try and make it work. But, baby comes first...so we'll see what we can manage!

1 Comments:

At 9:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear baby is sick. I hope she's feeling better soon and that the both of you manage to get some rest while all of this is going on.
Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home