Monday, May 21, 2007

Anywhere But Here...

Do you ever play that game? Right now, my anywhere but here is actually only a few feet away.

It's pouring rain today. Anyone who knows me at all well knows that I love it when it rains. The house is cool and fresh air is wafting through the open windows. You can hear it drumming into the roof and the ground outside.

If I were anywhere but here, I would be sitting outside right now on my front porch sipping chicken noodle soup from a mug with a blanket wrapped around me. Maybe I'd be idly reading a book now and then. But, with both kids sick, and surprisingly still rambunctious, I can't leave them on their own while I indulge myself.

But, maybe this afternoon I'll convince them to both nap. Then I can steal a few minutes to myself on the porch, watching rain drift from the sky, pooling into puddles on the street below.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 a.m., Blogger Jenifer said...

Hope your kids are better now. Measles is doing the rounds of schools here. Two universities have closed their doors and several elementary and high schools. Our school is playing the wait-and-see game as it is a week till exams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home