Friday, December 16, 2005

Fairy Godmothers do Exist!

...at least in the guise of fairy-godbosses. What an odd phrasing. Anyway, I got into the gala and found my seat at our table with my boss and several board members and explained that Jake wouldn't be able to make it. Then, two minutes later, my boss pointed out that he'd shown up and seemed to be looking for me. Even though they were down staff at work (the flu has hit us really hard in town), his boss came in to help out and rearranged some staff so that Jake could get out early and make it to the event with me. Jake had actually tried to phone me earlier to let me know he'd be there but I missed his message...so it turned out to be a really nice surprise after a crappy day. I was all set to try and get through the night on my own and mingle like a pro...but it turns out I got to have back up after all. Hurrah! I am very grateful to the fairy-godbosses for the help. :)

1 Comments:

At 8:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear the party went well and you had a good time. I suppose Fat Guy in Little Coat didn't stand a chance...

Went to my hubby's Xmas party on Saturday night. Sat with a lady who had a on a really nice dress, kind of a cranberry color. Thought about it for the wedding, but realized it showed too much cleavage on her and probably would on me too. Much as I like to give the people what they want, had enough exhibitionism at my own wedding.

The search for Yak of Honor dress continues...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home