Friday, May 25, 2007

Diego, Go For Help!

Every night, about half an hour after she is put to bed, Ninjababy yells out for more milk. I trundle upstairs (or Thammuz does) and she points to her bottle and says "more." We go and get more, she says "night," and goes back to bed.

Last night, the scenario hit a snag. I guess we didn't hear her right away, so she started to get upset. Anyway, I finally go upstairs, get the bottle and bring it back full of more milk. Instead of saying, "night." She got a bit agitated and said, "D! D!" So, I look around and there's her Diego action figure, about a foot away from her crib on the floor.

Here's how I imagine what happened in Ninjababy world:

"Mom! Dad! I need more milk!"
(pause)
"More milk!"
(pause)
(wild scream)
"More! More!"
...
"Crap, they can't hear me. Diego, go for help!"
(lobs Diego out of the crib. Diego lays there, inert on the floor.)
"Diego, you are useless!!"
"Mom! Dad! Milk! Milk! And Diego is trapped too! Help!"

Ninjababy is so much fun.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 p.m., Blogger Library Lady said...

I'm sure this is EXACTLY how it happened. Too funny. This kid is a riot!

 
At 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part 1

Ash, you always have the best narratives on things. Even back in the days of university you always told great stories about whatever was going on. Good to know you haven't lost the touch.

Part 2 - How to tell you've lived in the big city too long...

I have become one of the pushy transit customers...I have had people snap at me a couple of times and I feel terrible. I actually cried a little bit this morning because I was so embarrassed and hurt. I am not a mean person at all, but I guess I have lost my patience with this city and have just gotten in the "do or die" "take no prisoners" mentality. So many times I go to do something or buy something and I can't b/c a million other people are doing it (movies, dinner, Farmer's Market, grocery store, etc) or the grocery store is out of things, you have to wait a month before you can get in to the hair dresser, the shoe store doesn't have my size, line ups are soooo long, no room on transit, too much traffic on the road.

Any advice would be appreciated.

From: Heathen Yak...weary of the big city

 
At 9:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash, have you kept writing through the years? I was going through my stuff and found that book of poetry you self-published in university. I know you probably don't have much time (with ninjababy and thammuz and all) but if you still write, email me some of your stuff!
Because, like always, you told the story of this little interchange perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home